On the mainland an investor can choose from more than 2000 business activities to start their business & they can choose multiple activities for conducting their business.
An investor can choose from the following legal status’s matching to their needs:
- Limited Liability Company
- Sole Establishment
- Branch of a local company
- Branch of a GCC company
- Branch of a foreign company
- Branch of a free zone company
- Civil company
- General Partnership
- Limited partnership
- Public Joint Stock Company
- Private Joint Stock Company
- Holding company
A trade name needs to be selected for the company being setup in order for it to be distinguished from other companies.
The following factors need to be kept in mind while choosing a trade name –
- It should not violate the public morals or the public order.
- It should be appropriate for the relevant activity type and the company's or business entity's legal status.
- It should not include the names of any religions, governments, or other external organizations, nor should they include their names or logos.
- It should not have been registered before.
- It should be followed by the acronym of the legal status of the company such LLC, EST etc.
This is the approval given by the relevant UAE government authority that it does not have any objection for the company to be formed in the country. However this does not allow the company to start its operations. For foreign investors a further approval from the GDRFA (General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners’ Affairs) is required prior to the initial approval.
Preparing an MOA or LSA is an important step during the incorporation of a business. Such documents only need to be created for entities with specific legal statuses such as LLC, Limited Partnership, PJSC & PrJSC.
In order to operate, any company in the UAE needs a physical location. The business location and space must adhere to both the land planning laws of the municipalities and the specifications established by the Department of Economic Development of the relevant emirate.
In the case of some entities further approvals maybe required such as in the case of legal consultancy, approval from Ministry of Justice is required.
The investor can acquire their final license at the relevant government authorities after successfully completing all the aforementioned stages, possessing the necessary documentation and making the final payment.